Help...changing water

boodha

Wanted to find out what system people have for changing water? I used the old school python syphon connected to my kitchen faucet and dumped in new water. However, I just replaced the faucet so I can no longer do that.

Thanks in advance!

i pump 'old' tank water from my 180g tank on zeovit into my 110g zoo tank that i pre-siphoned out.

i then have 70g of nsw that i have stored and aerated naturally drain into the 180g to replace the 'missing' water.

hhh050edit2.jpg

I have a dedicated drain pump in my sump permanently connected to a long hose. The pump is connected to an x10 module for remote control.
In the garage is the RO/DI storage above a 32 gallon brute container for salt water mixing/storage. In the brute is a heater, power head, and a dedicated pump connected to long hose to run the fresh saltwater back to the sump. This pump is also connected to an x10 module.
Water changes involves uncoiling both hoses, drain hose goes to the toilet across the hall. Pumps are turned on as needed with an x10 remote control.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9293564#post9293564 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sarwa
^^ True reefers garage ^^

:D:D:D:D:D:D

for us reefers, that is a total compliment!

my friends come over and just see chaos and more chaos!!!

before i had my 100g in the garage, i had (and still have) a quiet one 6000 in the sump with about 15 feet of one inch vinyl tubing directly to the sink. all i did was plug the pump in and within 3 minutes or so i unplug it and empty one of my barrels with nsw directly into the sump.

the 110g has added just slightly more work in water changes but not too much.

bergzy - that's a bit more than I can get away with. With the tank in the living room, I can't have any stray equipment floating and need an elegant and clean way to change water.

Back