Help from the ASM Skimmer Club

UH_OH_5_OH

Does anyone, or has anyone, scanned an owners manual for the ASM G2....? I bought mine used and didn't get one....I need to know how and what to clean on it to get it skimming properly again ! ! !

Help quickly.....I have a wicked algae bloom going on ! ! !

I think the owners manual for an ASM is figment of your imagination.
Most use white vineager diluted with water and soak it for a while.

If it has a lot of buildup i would put the whole thing in a small rubermaid tote and fill with about 6" of water put in about 1/2 gallon of vineager. I would also pull the slider out and run it like that for a few hours. This will clean out pump too. I usually clean mine with a plastic pot scrubber, warm water and toothbrush every 2-3 months, so there usually is not much buildup. This is also faster I would probaly do this to get it going then do a better cleanup later on after the algae is under control.

yeah, i read that letting it run in some vinegar/water solution for awhile works out pretty good. But thats when its brand new to break down some of the oily film new stuff has. But i'm sure it'll so some good for used ones too.

OKAY.....I have the PS sitting in a plastic tub with a gallon of vinegar and water and she's running ! ! !

so just let it sit there for 24 hrs and then what do I do to it once its done running for that time ?

Do I rinse it in RO water or just stick it back in the sump/fuge ?

okaaaay....so why can't I get the lid to come off of the skimmer cup?....and YES I am turning it in the right direction ! ! !

Sometimes that does not fit really well and it is very tight. I usually get a dry paper towel in one hand or maybe a yellow dishwashing glove and try again to get ahold of it. Same with the skimmer cone top that one sticks too.

oh yeah I would just rinse with tap water and dry with a paper towel after skimmer is done cleaning

Okay.....I stuck it into a tub full of RO and am just letting it rinse for a three hours and then I changed out the RO and let her go again for the rest of the night ! ! !

OKAY.....I just replaced the PS back into the system after a two day cleaning.....we'll have to wait and see how she does.

Back