Help me ID this coral.

klondar

I think it's a type of micro, but I can't say that I've ever seen another like it. The pollyps are roughly 3/16" in or less diameter with a green-gray rim and a bright white center/mouth. This picture dosn't realy do it justis but it's the best I can get with my camera. It came in a a small patch on a peice of LR a Figi Yellow was attached to but I had thought died off shortly after. The leather died durring the move from the 100 to the 210, and when I pulled out the remains I was suprised to see this little gem still alive and larger than it originaly was. I carefuly fragged it from the larger rock and now have two peices in my frag tank healing until I decide what to do with them. In this picture the pollups are not filled out as they they are when undisturbed. Normaly they are much fuller and the under lying rock would not be visable.

micro2.jpg

Thanks,
-Glen

These have a structure thats like a favia (finned depressions in the rock) where they receded, and the pollups never get any larger than 1/8-3/16". they do not protrude from the rock (not branching).

If this still describes blasto's then I'll have to dig into that a bit.

-Glen

Merletti's are branching,I cant really give it a good guess without having a few better pictures

Back