• ATI w/ LED supplement

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Just Radion

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Just ATI

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Chrisq0904

I have a deep blue 30 gallon (24x24x12) that currently has a black box from reef radiance over it. I do not like the colors/growth from this fixture and was thinking if I should buy a used gen 3 radion and supplement with t5 or do the same as my display and get an ATI fixture and supplement with LED? The purpose of this tank is to treat for pests (if any) and let corals grow out before going in the DT and some just stay in that tank because I move other with better colors.

Thanks,
-Chris

Would the XR15 cover properly or should I just go with the XR30?

Not even. A single XR15 didn't even properly light my Biocube. You need two XR30's or AI 52's if you're serious about SPS with LED's

Once I added a tiny bit of supplemental T5 over my Biocube (lit by Radion) the SPS started growing immediately.

LED is really, really good. People who say you can't run good healthy SPS systems with LED are naive -- But T5 is great, not good.

Not even. A single XR15 didn't even properly light my Biocube. You need two XR30's or AI 52's if you're serious about SPS with LED's

Once I added a tiny bit of supplemental T5 over my Biocube (lit by Radion) the SPS started growing immediately.

LED is really, really good. People who say you can't run good healthy SPS systems with LED are naive -- But T5 is great, not good.
I'm not trying to be rude but the tank is only 24x24x12 wouldn't 2 xr30s be too much? Sorry, I clearly don't have that much experience with LED let along radions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If you are not worrying about absolute full coverage and this is just a holding tank a single XR15 or Hydra 26 will do just fine. You will end up with about 18x18 of useable light. Two of the same would light the tank just fine.

I'm not trying to be rude but the tank is only 24x24x12 wouldn't 2 xr30s be too much? Sorry, I clearly don't have that much experience with LED let along radions.

My mistake!! I thought it was 24x24x24.

Additionally, the new G4 radions are improved as far as spread goes, so you might get alright coverage -- But you'll have to hang the xr15 pretty high above the tank.

I saved these pictures from the BRS testing videos that show just how narrow the light spread on a single XR15 G3 is.

Lights are hung 8" above water level, the tank is 30x30, each 'square' inside the par readings is 6"x6"

RoCmVRM.png

c7YVANI.png

5KR4JmG.png

What about a Gen2 xr30? I found a good deal on one with a date of 2013. I honestly can't see spending the money on a gen4, maybe if it were the display is could see doing so

What about a Gen2 xr30? I found a good deal on one with a date of 2013. I honestly can't see spending the money on a gen4, maybe if it were the display is could see doing so

I would just get an ATI fixture.

Back