Help me start a nano...

MikeP471612

I would like a nano tank for my desk at work. I have a 1gal with a beta that I could convert but if that won't work I could fit a 2.5gal. What equiptment do I need? What is upkeep like for a nano? Would everything be OK over the weekend when I'm not at work?

Thanks

Evaporation is why you would need to go bigger. Evaporation=salinity change. Large swings in Salinity are bad, which is what would happen over the weekend.

I initially attempted to try a 2.5G nano tank and like the others said - it is much more difficult to keep balanced. I would go with a minimum of 10G - not much more expensive to setup but easier to maintain.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8121430#post8121430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by culdublvd
Evaporation is why you would need to go bigger. Evaporation=salinity change. Large swings in Salinity are bad, which is what would happen over the weekend.
Bingo.......10 is the smallest Id keep

there are several ways you can combat evaporation:

1. auto top-off unit
2. seal your tank on the weekends
3. get a bigger tank because your going to end up wanting one anyway... as they say "always get the biggest possible tank you can afford, or your stupid and will regret it"

Back