HELP MY anlger swallowed some air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefD

today when feeding my angler he came up out of the water momentarily in anticipation of getting food. anyways when he tried to float back down he had to struggle and forfully swim down to get to the bottom. he is now able to keep himself down but you can see him struggle a bit to keep from floating up when free swimming. he isnt stressed at all as he is shaking his lure and everything. he even ate some food after. please help me . i need to know if i should do something to help him or will he be able to slowly dissapate the air? any ideas please!!! thank you sooo much!:D

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but just in case it's not too late, try this. I have heard (and I used to have an angler) that you can hold the fish mouth up and massage the air out of his stomach with your finger. Kind of like the Heimlich for fish. Be gentle, but get the air out, it will kill him in time.

hes ok got some grate new age advice and it worked. an internet site told me to feed him a fresh boiled pea skinned. and it was a savor. about 7 hours later he recovered. if you dont know peas are commonly used for goldfish to help floting issues due to digestive issues. i was told that the pea flushed=s the tract along with air pockets. maybe it wasnt totally this but it didnt hurt so ill do this again next time. i will find a scientific study soon and post it. im determined

Back