Help this reefer get back in

Chris Abbott

I am not one to ask for help often and thats probably how I got into the situation Im in but here goes. I was once fairly active here in the club but a while back I started having some mental health issues, this ended up in me loosing a lot of things. One that I am must ashamed of is my reef. I never let the tank crash but things just slipped away slowly. First the SPS so on and so on. After taking some time to work on myself I am finally in a spot where I want to get some color back in the tank. I am asking anyone that has few easier frags they would be willing to donate to the cause to please reach out. By easier I mean pretty much anything but sticks. GSP, leathers, the easier near invasive zoas etc. I also would love to get a hold of one thing in particular, and that is the baby blue trumpet/ candy cane. I must have given away over two dozen of these in the donor program tank over the few swaps I made it to so I am hoping someone still has this here in STL. Thanks to everyone that took the time to read this.

Welcome back! And BTW I've been through my fair share of self-care tank crashes. It happens...

I have a couple starter corals you can have if you're going to be at the swap Saturday, or if you're willing to pick up in Shrewsbury.

And I couldn't find any definitive pictures of a baby blue trumpet coral online, but I have one in my tank without an ID that showed up a few times when I searched for that. Do you have any pictures you could share for reference?

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk

I also have plenty of neon green gsp to give. And a few zoas. Like Bradley said if you're gonna be at the swap on Saturday ,let me know and I will bring some.frags with me

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thats awesome guys, thanks for the help. I will post a picture of the blue candy cane shorty if I can remember how. I sure did pick the right day to check out the forum, swap in two days, what timing!

So I can not do pictures I think its because i am on a pad and not a pc but anyway if you google "œ blue candy cane gary mckinney" that is the most accurate picture I can find. Tidal gardens has both a blue and teal version listed that look close. I am sure it is in a few tanks around here, as I mentioned above I gave away at least 2 dozen frags of that coral through the CDP back in the day, most for no points in return. Is that program running still? I just paid my dues on the slashclub.org site but it kinda looks like that site may nit be in use much anymore.

IDK what the deal is with the site anymore, but I think I might have you covered.
5a1e2dd14478773b5ed4b255fa7498ff.jpg

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk

Are you coming to the swap? I can set you up with GSP, green toadstool leather, and a few zoas. I haven't been very active in the past, but I'm hoping to change that and meet some folks.

Cheers,

Matt

I am not one to ask for help often and thats probably how I got into the situation Im in but here goes. I was once fairly active here in the club but a while back I started having some mental health issues, this ended up in me loosing a lot of things. One that I am must ashamed of is my reef. I never let the tank crash but things just slipped away slowly. First the SPS so on and so on. After taking some time to work on myself I am finally in a spot where I want to get some color back in the tank. I am asking anyone that has few easier frags they would be willing to donate to the cause to please reach out. By easier I mean pretty much anything but sticks. GSP, leathers, the easier near invasive zoas etc. I also would love to get a hold of one thing in particular, and that is the baby blue trumpet/ candy cane. I must have given away over two dozen of these in the donor program tank over the few swaps I made it to so I am hoping someone still has this here in STL. Thanks to everyone that took the time to read this.

I still have your baby blue trumpets. I can bring a frag to the swap.

Thanks Nanook!

Thanks Lance, I will be there at the swap today. Just curious is the CDP program still a part of the club? If so thats where you will probably find me. I always thought it was one of the coolest aspects of SLASH and I like to help with that tank when Im able.

To those that have these-- I'm looking for anything blue, and I love candy canes, so any chance you'd have an extra frag to sell?

I'm ready to grab some whenever you have any. How much do you want for a frag? I tried to send a PM, but I don't have permissions yet. You can PM me if you want instead of posting to the thread to keep it tidy.

Thanks!

Back