HELP-what takes care of colonial hydroids?

DMK

i just learned from another thread that i have the start of colonial hydroids. i cannot remove LR i see them on because it is supporting alot and would really mess up tank. i tried plucking a few and they quickly retract. i haven't added anything lately other than an algae blenny and a bangai cardinal. i also started feeding corals and tank cyclopeeze and bioplankton 3X/week. i laid off both for awhile. should i hold off on this, and what will eat these? pepp shrimp? i had 2 but hey are MIA for about 6 months. this really sucks, especially since i have become obsessed w/ tank and weekly water changes lately. it's always something. i'm also due to replace some of my cleanup crew.

i would take a pair of strong bone cutters and clip at the rock they are on. Just snip away at the chunk they live on. Of course i dont know your rock layout so i cant say it will definately work, but it is something you should think about. Smothering them with kalk may work, but i prefer flat out removal from the system.

not possible. they're not in a snippable area. would boiling rodi and directly injecting them w/ syringe and needle do it?

Back