Help with Posting Images (Resolution Limits) Is the Photo Bucket (Lately Slow) ?

Wally.B

I need some help.

I am pursuing this since just recently Photo Bucket has become unreliable, intermittent and slow after they added more advertising for non paying customers.

I have read the photo tip section and understand, and wish to respect photo size limits.

However my understanding is when you link a Photo from PhotoBucket, it doesn't affect the Post upload (space usage) on Reefcentral (like an upload of photo would). That is why when a photo is removed from PhotoBucket, it no longer shows in the reefcentral post.

However, I'm still scratching my head why I can't seem to link Photos of higher resolution (which I sometimes would like for clarity).

Does the ReefCentral Web server reduce the photo presentation? Or is this PhotoBucket doing this since it's kind of treated like a HighRes Thumbnail.

So to demonstrate/test my issue, I'm going to post a few re-sized images (of the same image). Each Image is STAMPED with the RESOLUTION.

I have attached as an attachment these two photos as ONE TEST.

1) Highest Res (1570x877)
2) Lowest Res Photo(640x377)

The NEXT TEST is same two photo's above linked thru Photo Bucket.

Attachments

• 2017-01-08_BasementTank-1570x877.jpg
    2017-01-08_BasementTank-1570x877.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 2017-01-08_BasementTank-640x357.jpg
    2017-01-08_BasementTank-640x357.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2
Back