Help with power head???

Putty

For some dumb reason my power head is sucking water in instead of blowing out. I revered the way it's plugged in and it's still not doing the correct action.
I took it a part to clean it and now it's not working...

Any ideas??

Is it a Koralia? It's not uncommon in those powerheads. I've never heard of a decent fix other than a good cleaning.

Yes its a hydor. I have two 1400gph. It seems to be the propeller that's bad. If i remove the working one and put in the bad one it works and vice versa. This started after a good cleaning.

Check the front cover. There should be a rubber bumper inside. Sometimes it falls off when you scrub real hard during cleaning, and this can result in a reverse spin. Also, make sure that you have both bearings, one on each side of the shaft, installed as they can easily fall off woth cleaning, too. I have 6 Hydors, and these have all happened to me, easily fixed.

Last edited:
Check the front cover. There should be a rubber bumper inside. Sometimes it falls off when you scrub real hard during cleaning, and this can result in a reverse spin. Also, make sure that you have both bearings, one on each side of the shaft, installed as they can easily fall off woth cleaning, too. I have 6 Hydors, and these have all happened to me, easily fixed.

SOB.! That's it. I noticed that was missing and just figured it was just a little useless rubber piece. I have since ran my garbage disposal, so it's gone!

Since you have two 1400gph, you should be able to fashion a replacement from an eraser head by copying the one that still has it.

Back