Help

Robofish

I recieved 2 mantis shrimp recently. Both are juveniles ( about an inch long). I had one in a 10 gal set-up, and the other in a 5 gal. I noticed the one in my 10 gal started "twitching" I couldnt figure out what was wrong w/ it, but when it started flipping around the tank I knew something had to be done... and quickly. I immediately put it into the 5 gal gave it a conch to go in and after about 3 or 4 hours the convultions stopped. I finally figured out what the prob was, when I looked at the top of my water, from the bottom, there was a rainbow colored slick. AHHHH! How did that get there???? Anyway, that is only half the problem. I constructed a plastic devider and seperated the two, but my recently crippled shrimp somehow turned into supershrimp managed to get over it, go into the others den and kick it out. In the process it also tore off the poor little things left smasher. Now it is having a hard time keeping balanced. I helped it into a shell and it disappeared around the corner. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it going to live? Any tips?:worried:
Mike

My mantis is missing one of his smashers too, and has also had trouble keeping upright.
Recently he is getting a lot better, moving around and eating, and I've been told that it will grow back next molt and he will be fine.
I hope they were right. :)

Back