Help!

phdc2

My JBJ chiller just stopped working all of a sudden. It has been tampered with etc. Does anyone know how to get it fixed or working agian?

Does the condenser fan run? How old is the chiller?

Last edited:
Hahaha We already have you just don't know it yet. Washington is owe so much to so many country if you know how much we really owe everyone might go postal. In recent your our monkey leader digged the hole much deeper.

Sorry for all the bush support out there I will stand by the US but I still have to say how I feel.

Just look at the value of our money in the last few years.

Sorry to bring up a long-dead thread, but My JBJ chiller just stopped this morning. It had been working well (great actually) for over a year and then this morning I can't even get the display to light up...it's just dead. Did you ever find out what was wrong with yours? I'm not too happy because the tank it is cooling is a 125 in a greenhouse and it NEEDS the chiller to stay at 80, without it I'm looking at 90+ when the sun really comes out. No losses so far (I've got all doors open and fans running), but I need to do something pretty quickly...Thanks!

Matt

Yes, everything on the circuit has power, and I've switched the outlets with "known" working outlets, disconnected and replaced the power cord from the connection with the unit, and switched the chiller off and back on again, but I can't get it to "fire up." The display is still blank :confused:

I checked: I purchased it in July 2004 and it has a 2-year warranty, so I'm going to call JBJ tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. If not, I guess I have to send it back to them and try to keep my tank cool in the mean-time...

Sorry to post in your forum since I'm from East Tennessee, but I found that someone had a similar experience. Well, I did live in Irvine for 7 years :rolleyes:

wow this post is still up. I actually got mines working. It was the fuse. There is a spare fuse where the a/c outlet is. This is a great chiller.

Ahh, you mean the fuse ON the chiller, I didn't know about that. I just checked it and it was out, so I replaced it with the included spare. Up and running again! Thanks guys!! Saved my Reef! :)

I hope you guys both bought spares to replace the one you used. Much better then getting a new chiller!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6861808#post6861808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by laverda
I hope you guys both bought spares to replace the one you used. Much better then getting a new chiller!

Yes, several actually. Wouldn't want to be without one!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6861920#post6861920 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by H22ATypeS
like i said....CHECK THE FUSE!

Thanks, very constructive. You get a cookie.

Back