Heteractis crispa

TexasTim

Just got one of these, and it will not stay still. It is now stuck between two stones in a gap about an inch and a half wide. Any suggestions how to get it to stay somewhat in the open so the clownfish can occupy it?

Just got one of these, and it will not stay still. It is now stuck between two stones in a gap about an inch and a half wide. Any suggestions how to get it to stay somewhat in the open so the clownfish can occupy it?

It took mine a few days to grab on.

Crispa prefers to attach to a hole in the rocks, though they will sometimes attach to the bottom of the aquarium through the sand. I have one that was only satisfied once I provided a rock with a hole in it. I think they like to have their foot attached to a hard surface and liverock to be around their column as is provided by a crevice or hole.

They most definitely enjoy a hidden foot, mine has dug his foot down into the crushed coral and under a rock.

With new crispas, try turning down the flow for a few days to a week. Even with healthy specimens, freshly moved crispas seem to detach and tumble around the tank. Once firmly adhered, they rarely move and can tolerate quite a bit of flow.

Back