High Nutrient Macro Algae/Sea Grass Reef

Wow gorgeous shot! So crisp. Your anemone looks good to me!

You know, when I counted my fish, I wondered how close we'd be on the fish count. Also we have two fish in common. I think my favorite fish name is Charlie Brown. Good grief.

Thanks, I know that the nem looks pretty good when its inflated. You just can't believe how puny and sickly it looks when it is shrivelled!

I was pretty surprised when our fish count was the same. And actually we have 3 fish in common, the tomini, the barnacle blenny and I have 1 royal gramma. I like Charlie Brown's name too but I thought when I first got the midas blenny that it was insecure and lacking in confidence. That is not the case at all and he is more like Hobbs in Calvin and Hobbs. He's not a bully or even a leader but just sort of happy go lucky go with the flow kind of fish.

It's crazy how beautiful and ugly anemones can be. That's right, I forgot about the Gramma! That's so cool we have the same number of fish in our pretty different tanks! Midas Blennies are fun, flowy fish. Sounds like he does well in your community.

theres thsi one fish that looks just like my cardinalfish that lives in florida, im considering putting my cardinalfish in the tank with them but they are unhinged killing machines that will eat cubes of frozen food whole

theres thsi one fish that looks just like my cardinalfish that lives in florida, im considering putting my cardinalfish in the tank with them but they are unhinged killing machines that will eat cubes of frozen food whole
I think I would be afraid to put a cardinalfish in with those if they are that aggressive with food. Cardinalfish seem so docile and unassuming.

I think I would be afraid to put a cardinalfish in with those if they are that aggressive with food. Cardinalfish seem so docile and unassuming.
these ones are like groupers they will attack my finger and their mouths are probably big enough to eat small fish.

So I am going to say nothing changed with the nem. It's no better but it's no worse either and fortunately the tank as a whole looks the same too and no worse for wear. I will just enjoy the nem in the day time and not worry about it's puny deflated state in the evening

It seems like the anemones I've kept in the past deflated at night. Then they'd recover after the lights had been on for a while. Maybe it's normal? Do you feed it? When I made a point to feed my last one regularly, it definitely got bigger. I'm glad to hear your tank's alright.

Maybe it is normal for some nem's to deflate at night and inflate during the day. None of my rainbow BTAs do that however.

Actually the GBTA just moved off my anemone pedestal a day ago and now it is down among my other coral, Uhhg! It does not seem to be stinging the Colt coral or the sinularia but I plan to keep an eye on it.

Today is rainy so the aquarium, and refugium are getting some love. I am doing a little more than just a water change and quik glass clean. I will be anxious to see it when the water clears!

I am liking how the tank looks, even with the GBTA on the move. Actually it is not in a bad spot if it stays put!

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_130635831.jpg
    IMG_20220516_130635831.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Lookin' good Dawn! Do Tommy (tomini tang) and Angelica (coral beauty angelfish) still get along? Does Angelica ever hassle the damsels?

Tommy and Angelica get along well. For the most part Angelica does not harass the damsels. On occasion she will half heartedly and briefly spurt after one. It never holds much threat and does not seem to bother the damsels at all. They are feisty little farts and actually fight with each other more than anything else, LOL.

The GBTA began stinging my Colt coral, which is a pain. I moved the Colt further away but it was still being stung, so I moved it to a new spot closer to the sinularia but now there is rock between the Colt coral and the GBTA. Hopefully the damage to the Colt is minimal.

You've created a dynamic, peaceful fish community, and your corals are fighting? Ha!
I know, right?!!!! It's crazy, I thought my pedestal rock was perfect for keeping the nem's away from the other coral and it was until the GBTA crawl off it, LOL. Just goes to show that nature has its own ideas and has the last say! Ha ha!

I know, right?!!!! It's crazy, I thought my pedestal rock was perfect for keeping the nem's away from the other coral and it was until the GBTA crawl off it, LOL. Just goes to show that nature has its own ideas and has the last say! Ha ha!
It is not so different in my outdoor space where my garden is. Late last fall we had a powder coat aluminum fence installed around my garden to protect it from the deer. I was so looking forward to enjoying my flowers without them being eaten before they bloomed. Then last week all my snapdragons that my hubby bought me for mother's day were bitten off at the stock. Turns out that a mouse had moved into the rockwork and was doing his worst. Uhhg! I am trying a repellant to attempt to salvage my plants but again, nature has the last say! Ha ha!

Glad that your tank is doing well. I was behind but now caught up on my reading of your thread. Your tank is stunning. Question, on the pic a few pages back where you asked us to find the fish, I saw all of them except for the barnacle blenny. I tried and tried and could not see him. Where is his hiding spot? Driving me crazy! LOL. Did I already say that your tank is stunning?

Glad that your tank is doing well. I was behind but now caught up on my reading of your thread. Your tank is stunning. Question, on the pic a few pages back where you asked us to find the fish, I saw all of them except for the barnacle blenny. I tried and tried and could not see him. Where is his hiding spot? Driving me crazy! LOL. Did I already say that your tank is stunning?
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for wading through my thread and the kind words regarding my display.

Yes, the barnacle blenny is the trickiest fish to see. It is directly below the the GBTA and to the right of the Midas blenny. Only it's head peeks out of a coco worm tube so it's hard to see. Sorry to have drove you crazy!

Back