Hmmmm

Schplitter

The bulb I had over the tank popped today. As I was attempting to place the new bulb into the socket it slipped out of my hand and into the tank. The I fished it out and tried to dry ot off and bam it slipped out of the towel and onto the hardwood. Then I placed all of its pieces into the trash.

I ordered new bulbs but it may be a few days until they get in. How long can I go without lights over the tank? I have a clam and all softies.

Thanks,

BK

3 days is safely about the max from everything I've ever heard. You could probably stretch it a bit with with 1 or 2 of the highest wattage cfl flood bulbs you can find at the big box stores. I've kept softies in the fuge for a year now with those, albeit the fuge is much shallower.

:wave: I love this community. Theres never a time when I see someone in need where others dont step up to do what they can to help. Its awesome.

Hi guys,

it looks like it may be the 12th before the package gets in. I guess I should have ordered from PA as I usually do and could have had them tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the offers to borrow bulbs. Mr D smack or bradleym since you guys are so close to me I would love to take you up on the offer. All I need is one 250W SE bulb for a few days. I'll shoot you guys a pm with my number.

Thanks!!

BK

Thanks to everyone who offered to help out. This is what the club is all about!

Thanks to Mr D smack for the new lamp. Everything opened up as soon as I fired up the new lamp.

My old lamps may have been older than I originally thought. The tank looks a lot brighter with the replacement. It may just need to burn in a little so we'll see.

Lessons learned from this:

1. Wear non slip gloves when handling lamps so you don't DSMACK yourself.
2. Order new lamps from a place you know will deliver on time.
3. Write down when you replaced the lamps so you know when they need replacing.

Thanks,

BK

atleast we did not have pieces of the bulb ending up in your reef.

i love how everybody comes together in times of need.

ive even had a few members offer me their support when i was without power.

this is what the club is really about :thumbsup:

Back