Homemade rotifer strainer

Ooulophilia

Hey, I am trying to come up with some ideas for constructing a rotifer strainer. I was wonering of you guys have any designs that have worked well for you.

The meshes I have been trying stuff with have been 50 micron - I have constructed a few out of about 10" of 2" PVC

Coffe filter in a pinch.

If you can find a silkscreen supply place they will have many nylon mesh choices for you.

Get a wide mouth plastic jar, cut the bottom out, cut out the center of the lid, stretch your 50um screen across the top & screw on the lid. Ta Da... plankton screen :D

Find some scraps of 6-8-10" pvc, check around highway construction. Use pvc glue to attach your screen. Again, Ta Da :)

Thank you, thank you... I'm here all week.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8117105#post8117105 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by David M

Thank you, thank you... I'm here all week.

and probably next week, and the one after that, and......;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8115652#post8115652 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ooulophilia
The meshes I have been trying stuff with have been 50 micron - I have constructed a few out of about 10" of 2" PVC
10"of a 2" pipe or 2" of a 10" pipe?None sounds reasonable:confused:
Glue 53 mic mesh to any pipe.Now,for something fancy,use clear acrilic pipe that could fit into a Petri dish so you can check directly under the dissection scope;)

Back