Hooray UPS man, new lights

BryanS4

I wanted to buy some new Led's and with 2 birthdays, Christmas and a 10 year anniversary all in the past two months the fish tank funds were lagging. I could have a waited for a few months and bought some higher end light's, but like always I was eager to buy something now.

I did a lot of research and read some really good things on the Ocean Revive's, so with a sale price of $129 for the S026's and free shipping I said why the heck not.

Anyone local run this lights and how are things working for you?

I'm not sure when I'll get these installed. It's raining outside now and I have to cut bigger holes in my canopy to fit these things.

I'm really interested to see the color difference in the corals. I'll check back in when I get them up and running.

4jzerHZ.jpg

B2nWUrQ.jpg

I run one on the right side of my 120 with and older d120 on the left supplemented with t5s and everything is great outside my run in with chloramine a few months ago all remaining corals bouncing back new corals looking great no complaints

I've got one as well. Bought them for a new cube I am working on that has been a nightmare. I spent a lot of time looking over reviews on them and it was all good from what I saw. Can't wait to get them running.

I have heard of them, but haven seen and pic of them on any tank, can't wait to see your pic with them up.

Hopefully have something up tomorrow. I didn't get around to taking down the canopy last night when my wife was around to help and I just tried removing it by myself and it's not happening.

Was looking into getting these lights, or the t247. Just for the auto feature. I just wish it had a moonlight option as well.

I got them up last night and I've been playing with the percentages. I hate having to mess around with them not knowing how much light is being put off. I'll test them with a par meter in the coming days. Right now I have them at 50b and 30w.

First impression is the lighting looks more similar to T5's than the d120's I had. It seems more like a cool Blue with the White's/spectrum on vs. the D120's that where brighter/spotlight almost. Granted, I only have whites at 30% right now and ran the 120's at 60% or so. Time will tell as I ramp up the intensity. I did turn the whites all the way up real quick and they are pretty bright.

The spread is very good, 12" above the water and three of them cover a 72" no problems. Fans very quite, heat being put off 6 deg less on light surface than old lights, so says my cheap heat gun.

All corals are open and it seems the zoa's may be making themselves wider and looking for light. Might ramp it up a little more tomorrow depending on how they look.

First impression after only having them on a few hours is positive. The colors look better with white/blue vs old lights. Green/Yellow/Purple look good. I'm really waiting to get the intensity to where it needs to be before making final judgement on the look.

So far so good.

Was looking into getting these lights, or the t247. Just for the auto feature. I just wish it had a moonlight option as well.

I was going to get the 247's, but read the timer wasn't accurate and had to be reset all the time. I did like the fact you didn't have to guesstimate the percentage you are running them at though.

I was going to get the 247's, but read the timer wasn't accurate and had to be reset all the time. I did like the fact you didn't have to guesstimate the percentage you are running them at though.

Yeah I have heard that too, about the timer. Which wouldn't bother me too much. I have a cheap T5 Fixture that I have to reset the time on every few months. But the time of day is the only thing I have noticed that is off. However I have heard good things about these lights. And I want a full spectrum LED. When I build the 120, ill go with Radion LED's. But these are a cheaper solution for a while. I just enjoy a nice moonlight at the end of the day, after work and dinner.

Back