How could I automate feeding my mandarin dragonet?

djryan2000

I have a captive bred Biota dragonet. I am currently turning off my return pumps, ATO, skimmer, and two powerheads and then squirting freeze dried copepods to her along with Can O' Clops.

I've been feeding her 3x daily and would like to up that and automate it. I'm thinking the best way would be to plug the power strip I have all the aforementioned parts on into a timer and have it turn everything off 6x daily for 15 minutes and then have the aqua lifter turn on and throw a small amount of a mixture of the food. I'd probably take a glass of water out of the DT and throw it into the aqua lifters reserve daily and add the mixture.

I thought if this opposed to an auto feeder as the food will just float on the top if dropped in, and with the aqua lifter I can hopefully get it squirted in with some force so that it sinks and she can peck it off the rocks.

Would this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had a small container with 2 pumps, one to keep the mix agitated and the other on a timer to deliver a dose of that mix to the tank, that might work.

If you had a small container with 2 pumps, one to keep the mix agitated and the other on a timer to deliver a dose of that mix to the tank, that might work.

Thanks! My current concern is over the food just floating or being too dispersed. Do you think a mix of BRS freeze dried pods and a cube of frozen daily would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back