How do I frag this coral

I would suggest making a small cut with a razorblade or other sharp utensil and then manually tear it the rest of the way. A rough tear allows for faster healing; the same is true for accidental amputations within the field of medicine (i.e. a limb that is torn off rather than cut off will heal much faster and is generally easier to reattach). Also, I would suggest fishing line over a rubberband. Fishing line can be tied so that it won't pinch the flesh, but rubberbands will always pinch the flesh - causing injury and separation.

Only 25 gal tank no skimmer not realy room for one wth spray bar heater canister intake two power heads . Could this be one of my problems with algae and a little amonia at times. HMM maybe better not frag don't want to kill my tank !!! Just wanted to save on buying new coral.

Should i frag this soft coral ? kinda skiddish after reading reefworms reply to this ? I don't have skimmer on this 25 gal and realy don't want to harm my tank .

I don't know how to answer your last question, I think that would be a personal decision. But I did want to ask if it is always shading the clam like that? You might want to do something about that.

Are there any other reefers nearby who have a grow-out tank you could house it in during the fragging process? You could also look into an HOB skimmer - I have the Precision Marine Hot -1 and it's done very well for the 29. I'm not using it as an HOB but it's designed to operate that way. Failing that, I'd suggest doing frequent water changes while the coral heals itself. You may be fine with that. Sorry to have made you nervous :(, but I just felt it was the right thing to do to point out the possibility.

Well the clam just started to be hidden a little may have to move the clam a little . I think I will not frag this coral Could upset things . hard enought keeping all healthy as it is.

Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14211154#post14211154 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xJake
I would suggest making a small cut with a razorblade or other sharp utensil and then manually tear it the rest of the way. A rough tear allows for faster healing; the same is true for accidental amputations within the field of medicine (i.e. a limb that is torn off rather than cut off will heal much faster and is generally easier to reattach). Also, I would suggest fishing line over a rubberband. Fishing line can be tied so that it won't pinch the flesh, but rubberbands will always pinch the flesh - causing injury and separation.

True... on the other hand, it can work to your benefit.
I rubberbanded my toadstool frags and now each frag plug has 2-3 "heads" on it. I let them grow a bit and then split the plug and seperated them. Although I did lose about half my initial frags, so the double ones only made up for the ones I lost, so maybe I should have done it your way.

Back