how do I know if my waterflow is correct????

zrs6v4

In Memoriam
I have a 120 gallon 48x24x24 with a mag12 return from the sump split into to seperate exites, one from each cornerof the tank. where do i aim them? also I just bought a maxi jet 1200 to help the water flow, where is the optimal place for it? thanks

Well, a mj 1200 is really slow for that size tank. But anything helps I guess :D

I would put it anywhere, because its so weak for that tank it wont matter :lol:

You will know when you have enough flow based on how much dirt/fish poo/food settles. The idea is to just get the stuff off the sand/bare bottom and into your filter to remove(skimmer) or filter fluff.

I answered your PM, but to answer here, I have roughly 30x's volume flow in my tank, or around 3600 gph in there and I'm considering adding more. :D

lol sure just send me a self address stamped envelope and ill put them in the mail for you... lol

wow so there is no cheaper way to get waterflow?? over $200 for a couple of powerheads seems pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for... so there is no better bang for the buck?

i have the same tank as you and have 3800 gph. as someone said above the mj 1200's don't do much for a tank this size ( though work good on a wave maker ). look into some Seio's ( there not tunze's but don't cost anywhere near as much ) they give great flow and come in lots of sizes.

why not do the MJ mod on your 1200? word is in another thread that this mod does mega wonders...and its super cheap too :p

go over to the lighting/filtration forum and look for the "holy water flow batman" thread...i would link but im lazy..sorry

Back