How do you attach loose polyps?

CIMulation

I have a few loose polyps that I want to attach to a rock, but I'm not sure if it is ok to use superglue gel on the bottom a polyp. If this is not ok, what method(s) do you guys use? TIA

I use super glue gel for fragging everything except softies. You can try wedging it into a hole or using thread (fishing line or cotton) to tie it to a rock too. Super glue gel is much easier... They might sometimes detach, but only a very small percentage of mine do.

I mean things like sarcos, dendro type soft corals (capnella, colt's, nephthea, etc.) and mushrooms when I say softies;).

gflat65 was right on.

Personally I like to attach a bit of glue onto the the back of the frag to glue it onto the rock/mount. After doing that place it into a container to allow the glue to set so that your zoas won't be blown away by the current.

Here is the universal glue

Loctite Super Glue Gel
EB040466_quicktite-super-glue-gel-super-strong-non-clogging-14-oz.gif

No problems for the zoas. If they don't like it, they will slime and release themselves from it (this is the reason I don't glue the corals I mentioned above). Most zoas don't have issues, though. Some like PPE's might still detach, but the only detriment is that they might get lost in the tank when they detach. Just don't glue upside down;). I just did a bunch today. I pulled the colonies out and either scrapped them off with part of the rock and put a liberal amount of glue on the spacer rock. Then I press the zoas into the glue and let them set for maybe a few minutes, then drop them in the tank. Put them in lower flow until you know the glue has set (usually just a few minutes).

ficklefins-I'm on team Gary (g in gflat):).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6827690#post6827690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gflat65
ficklefins-I'm on team Gary (g in gflat):).

Nice, the news is good so far :thumbsup:

Back