How do you guys test phosphate?

D-Nak

Just curious how you're testing your phosphate levels. Test kit? Colorimeter? As a lazy reefer I'm looking or the easiest solution.

I am in the same boat as you... lazy reefer lol but trying to be better. I use the hanna low range phosphate checker. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup just to confirm another lazy reefer here in that I want periodic testing to be as easy as possible so I use the Hanna test kits. Test alk weekly and calcium biweekly and phosphate monthly. I use refugium on alternate time schedule and dose 1ml vodka /vinegar daily on 25g nano. Primary supply of nutrients are fish and fish feedings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Hanna and Red Sea Pro phosphate testers. I would pick the Red Sea over the hanna any day.

Me too very ignorant especially on phosphate and calcium. Hannah is the best and as precise as it can get and easy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for your responses everyone. See--this is forum isn't just for selling! :lolspin:

I just picked up the Hanna HI774 checker. If I don't like it I'll pick up the Red Sea kit. I have other Hanna checkers (I like the Alk but hate the CA).

I'm hoping BRS throws something in with my order -- sounds like they have some crazy giveaways right now!

Back