how do you keep a long spine sea urchin from eating corals?

I like corals

my long spine sea urchin is eating my chalice coral and was eating my mushroom coral before I moved the mushroom coral to a area the urchin can't get to. I can't move the chalice coral and I don't want to get rid of the urchin but if I have to choose between the coral or the urchin I would choose to get rid of the urchin.

Unfortunately, the only sure way is to lose the urchin.

Carefully - those spines hurt! Oh, and leave a purple tattoo in your skin.

Kevin

I am talking about the thing circled in red. the phone camera isn't the best but it is mostly clear with some white.
Screenshot 2022-03-06 12.34.08 PM.png

my long spine sea urchin is eating my chalice coral and was eating my mushroom coral before I moved the mushroom coral to a area the urchin can't get to. I can't move the chalice coral and I don't want to get rid of the urchin but if I have to choose between the coral or the urchin I would choose to get rid of the urchin.

take the urchin, take the needles & start a tattoo shop to cover the loss of corals XD

take the urchin, take the needles & start a tattoo shop to cover the loss of corals XD

ps. i like your profile pic

They are found to depths of a 1000 feet so they are able to shift to a carnivorous diet. You might try feeding it algae wafers made for tangs but you'll probably need to rehome it.

Back