How loud is vertex

M Woodhill

due to awful financial crisis, i made up mind trying this brand that is recommended by some friends.

cuz i dont like using a cabinet but a stand or frame instead, i do need a quiet model.

so how'bout vertex in100, is it loud and efficient enough for a some 100 gallon tank? the sump is 20 gallon.

How is settling for a Vertex a crisis? These skimmers are great and not noisy at all. Go with the IN180 and you wont be dissappointed.

How is settling for a Vertex a crisis? These skimmers are great and not noisy at all. Go with the IN180 and you wont be dissappointed.

+1 I have the IN180 and it is SUPER quiet. The pump on it has ALWAYS started everytime! Pulls nice skim too! Better than my Reef octo Dwb200 did!

i use vertex 180 Gen 3, used Gen 1 for when they first come out, awesome skimmer mine is very quiet.

I wouldn't say it's totally silent, of course, I dont have doors on my stand. I can sleep on the couch six feet from the skimmer and it does not bother me. It's also next to the tv, and I don't have to turn it up real high to drown out the skimmer pump. My fans on my NEP are louder. It's a very nice skimmer. I'm running an in-100 on my 75 with about a 20 gallon total sump volume. You might be pushing it with the in-100 on that size tank, but I couldn't say for sure. It seems to work well on my tank and it's not much smaller than yours.

I wouldn't say it's totally silent, of course, I dont have doors on my stand. I can sleep on the couch six feet from the skimmer and it does not bother me. It's also next to the tv, and I don't have to turn it up real high to drown out the skimmer pump. My fans on my NEP are louder. It's a very nice skimmer. I'm running an in-100 on my 75 with about a 20 gallon total sump volume. You might be pushing it with the in-100 on that size tank, but I couldn't say for sure. It seems to work well on my tank and it's not much smaller than yours.

agree with you on that i have 72" NEP fans are loud

my in-100 pulls out more crud then my atb 840 did.

IMAG0345.jpg

Thank all u guys

now ive decided to get one instead of the long famous but really expensive one

really gotta save some money, facing the reality that price of real estate is dropping, yeah! but my salary is dropping faster!

Back