How much nori/veggies do you feed your tangs?

elegance coral

They call me EC
Just trying to get a realistic idea of how often people are feeding veggies.

How many tangs do you have?
How big are they?
How much do you feed at a time?
How often do you feed?

Thanks for your time
EC

I have one that is about 3 inches. I give it Nori about 4 times a week. Just enough that they will consume it within a few hours. I also feed it frozen Emerald Entree about 3-4 times a week. My clowns also like the Nori...

i keep nori in tank 24/7/365 except for leap year then its 24/7/366 on multiple "nori clips"for tangs/angels/foxface and anything else that wants a bite

i keep nori in tank 24/7/365 except for leap year then its 24/7/366 on multiple "nori clips"for tangs/angels/foxface and anything else that wants a bite

I've heard of people doing this, but how????? I have two tangs about 3". I put about 1/4 of a sheet on the clip and its gone in a minute or two. Sometimes I do this multiple times a day and it never lasts more than a few minutes. I think these things would eat as long as I stood there putting food in the tank.:lmao:

I've heard of people doing this, but how????? I have two tangs about 3". I put about 1/4 of a sheet on the clip and its gone in a minute or two. Sometimes I do this multiple times a day and it never lasts more than a few minutes. I think these things would eat as long as I stood there putting food in the tank.:lmao:

well i put full sheets in each clip, add full sheets multiple times per day.. after a while the fish learn that the nori will be there constantly so they don't gorge themselves but rather graze thru out the day

newly acquired fish always throw a wrench into the works until they realize they get to eat when they want and they don't have to get a full days food in 1.5 seconds

I don't feed much nori at all. When I tried to feed it consistently most of my tangs(Desjardini, Chevron, Hippo, Fowleri) wouldn't touch it and my angels(Emperor, 2 Scribbles, Bellus) would tear it up and spit it out. I guess maybe it wasn't consistent enough. The only veggie matter they really get is a few types added to my homemade reef food.

I feed a combination of:

-NLS pellets
-Homemade reef blend(Shrimp, Lobster, Scallops, Squid, White fish(forgot which), Clams, Mussels, Silversides, Crab, Cyclopeeze, Nutramar ova, PE Mysis, Spirulina flakes, Sea Veggies bits, Nori bits, Reef Plankton, Hikari Angel Formula, Selcon, Vitachem, Zoe, Marine C, Phyto, proly a couple things I forgot..)
-PE Mysis

i have a yellow tang and a blue belly regal angel who will stop eating everything if they are out of nori for a day will start back up eating the 1st feeding of other foods once the nori is back in the tank.

My tangs tear the nori out of the clip and just let it float around the tank as an opportunity to create nitrates. I have done as many as six sheets in less than an hour floating around my tank and getting stuck in the rock work.

Now i feed about 1/2 sheet at a time and cut it into strips. I feed it about every other day or so.

I have one yellow tang that's about four inches long. I feed em a combo of nori and Omega One veggie sheets Three to four times a week. I also feed Omega One veggie flakes two to three times a week.

Well you guys are lucky I have never seen my range touch it. It usually just. Whithers away

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

7 tangs (pb, 3 yellows, kole, purple, hippo) 1/2 sheet every few days. Formula 2 flakes and frozen daily.

Whenever I clip Nori the tangs rip it apart within a few min. and it is floating all around the tank polluting the water. I make my own frozen fish food and I also add a package of nori to it. It is hard to guess how much is in their daily feeding. I make the food about every 3-4 months, so one package in that time for 3 tangs and dwarf angels. I know I will probably get slammed for this....but I supplement with romaine lettuse. Much less mess and they tangs are healthy. I've had tangs live 10+ years and I've always feed romaine lettuse supplemented with nori.

i feed mine gracilaria algae. i take some from the fuge and just clip it on. i buy it every month to keep up with the demand.

I have 4 tangs that I feed nori, 1/2 sheet every day. I fold it up like a piece of gum so they have to work at pulling pieces it off.

I have a hippo and a yellow who refuse to eat any nori. I have put nori in there probably 20 times and more often than not, it's ignored. I've attached it to rocks, on glass, and floating. I had a foxface before that would tear up a sheet of nori in about 2 sec.

My tangs tear the nori out of the clip and just let it float around the tank as an opportunity to create nitrates. I have done as many as six sheets in less than an hour floating around my tank and getting stuck in the rock work.

Now i feed about 1/2 sheet at a time and cut it into strips. I feed it about every other day or so.
I read strips is the way to go since they suck the whole thing like a spaghetti and the waste is greatly reduced. How do you feed it though? Do you still clip the strips or just dump it on the surface?

my 4" hippo wont touch nori on a clip or rubberband to a rock. if a small piece is floating around, it would engulf it though. it eats the hell out of any dry or frozen food.

5.5" pbt will only eat nori rubberband to a rock and wont touch the clip. same pbt was eating pellets like a mad man, but just suddenly quit.

i still put a 4x4" piece of nori on a clip for the 4.25" achilles 2-3x/day. plus rubberband nori to a small rock/pvc for the PBT 2x/day since he now wont each anything else.

the strips works great for my angels, but the tangs has to peck at the nori.

I've tried different brands of nori to find one that would stand being in the water without breaking up until eating from the nori holder. I feed a whole sheet everyday. Half in the morning and half at night for all my tangs/triggers/angels - folded to the size of a piece of gum.

The nori I get is the only brand sold at Food-4-Less in SoCal.

2 sheets per day, each individually rubber banded to rocks. 7" Naso, 4.5" magnificent rabbit, 2.5-3" Two spot bristletooth. There is also a roughly hockey puck-sized Asthenosoma varium that eats the nori as well. The nori will last for several hours, maybe 6-8 if I give it to them in the morning.

Back