How much should I pay?

skidder84

I'm wanting a naked clown and a all black clown from ORA. How much should I be looking to pay for them?

THNAKS,

as much as you feel comfortable paying. No one knows your budget or financial situation. Pay as much as you think is fair for one that you like.

I don't have an answer for you, but keep in mind that ORA is a very respected and renown company, so don't be surprised if their products are priced accordingly

I understand what your saying, but I don't want to pay $150 for a $30 fish. With them being wholesale only the fish store can say whatever they want about these fish.

i got a 90% naked clown at my LFS for $25, but its more likley just an extreme misbar than a true naked clown.. still a neat fish

Location and size of the store can be a big factor also. A store that can buy in quantity can get a better deal, and if they don't have to ship more deals.

Ultimately you need to do a search and see what you're willing to pay for them.

Not that I recommended buying from this place but price wise this is reasonable. I don't know anything about this company, either way.

http://www.oceanproaquatics.com/shop/saltwater-fish-clownfish-c-469_470_547_560.html

I think I dealt with this place a few years ago. The website has been updated, but the name and logo ring a bell. In that case, caveat emptor. I bought three ORA pajama cardinals from them. They were packed in tiny, half-deflated bags with about a quarter-cup of water in each, ice-cold--and they were all dead.

Do keep in mind that you're looking at designer clowns from the industry's biggest and best-known breeder, and will be paying accordingly. Novelty fish will always command a premium price.

Back