how much water goes through your sump?

THEDLO

ok so lately ive been thinking....i have a lot of water going through my sump. im currently running 2 mag 9.5 so im guessing that to the DT im getting about 1400-1200...im convinced that its making my filtration less effective...and my overflows sound like a snoring bear lol. at first i liked the added flow cause it was like haveing 4 extra powerheads but now on further thought i may dial them back or get a mag 12 and just run that. that should equate to about 900-800gph. lmk what u guys think as well as answer above question. thanks :love1:

I like moving a LOT of water through my sump. I'm guessing that I'm getting close to 2,000 GPH. The problem I'm finding with that amount of flow is the need to change my three 7" X 16" filter socks twice a week.

inmy set up their is only about 1000 gph, the slower the better, alot of people try to use their main filtration pump for water movement in a tank, I like a 3-5 x turnover for filtration , more contact time for the skimmer

Death to the Mag pumps :uzi:

Get a Sicce or Water Blaster. They use less power, less heat, quieter, and pretty much the same price as the Mag's.

Just sayin' ;)

On my 190G DT I had ~1100GPH going through it

At first I was running both of my return pumps wide open roughly 1200gph, I have since scaled them back 1/2 each, and have noticed my water much cleaner, and a heck of a lot more skimmate. Also I cannot hear my overflows anymore. I did add 2 korilla 1400s tithe 2 1000s I had to add flow.

At first I was running both of my return pumps wide open roughly 1200gph, I have since scaled them back 1/2 each, and have noticed my water much cleaner, and a heck of a lot more skimmate. Also I cannot hear my overflows anymore. I did add 2 korilla 1400s tithe 2 1000s I had to add flow.

yea i wasnt doing it for the flow really but just cause i had 2 mag 9.5s. in the DT i have a polario, 2 karalia 4s, a 3 and a 2 so my flow is good. lol if i did the math right thats about a x62 turnover lmao :smokin: so basically a an MP60 :eek2:

I'm running mine at 1400 on a 200 gallon system. Lets not forget that the more turn over time, the more oxygen is being produced wich also helps are animals breath better and bacteria wich feed on waste work faster.

Back