How to burp a clam.

found this at another website...in quotation marks...

"I am paranoid about getting LFS water in my tank so this is the way I do it. I have the LFS not take the clam out of the water while bagging it, and make sure the bag is sitting so that the clam never hits air as I am driving home. Once I get home I drip acclimate for 2 hours, once again making sure the clam never hits air. I then remove the clam from the water, get squirted in the eye, dip place the clam in a small picture full of my tank water, let it open and close a couple of times, pull it out of the container, get squirted in the other eye, and place the clam in my tank. When I put the clam in my tank I put it in leaning up on a rock at a 45 deg angle with the “mouth” straight up, I always do this with the tank lights on. I leave the clam like this for an hour or so, and he will open and close, during this time he will expel all the air from himself and I can then place the clam in its final location. This is called “burping”.
-The other way is simpler, never let the clam hit the air, and you will never need to burp it, but the problem is that you can’t do this without getting some LFS water in your tank, so I don’t do this."

found this at another website...in quotation marks... "I am paranoid about getting LFS water in my tank so this is the way I do it. I have the LFS not take the clam out of the water while bagging it, and make sure the bag is sitting so that the clam never hits air as I am driving home. Once I get home I drip acclimate for 2 hours, once again making sure the clam never hits air. I then remove the clam from the water, get squirted in the eye, dip place the clam in a small picture full of my tank water, let it open and close a couple of times, pull it out of the container, get squirted in the other eye, and place the clam in my tank. When I put the clam in my tank I put it in leaning up on a rock at a 45 deg angle with the “mouth” straight up, I always do this with the tank lights on. I leave the clam like this for an hour or so, and he will open and close, during this time he will expel all the air from himself and I can then place the clam in its final location. This is called “burping”. -The other way is simpler, never let the clam hit the air, and you will never need to burp it, but the problem is that you can’t do this without getting some LFS water in your tank, so I don’t do this."

TY. No air cam out hopefully it's out when I get back. The other maxima and derasa are doing great

Back