How to catch a wrasse?

adamPL

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get rid of ich from my display. I removed all fish except my yellow corris. It's almost 4 weeks still alive, and every time I put my fish trap in, he always will find something that will swim out of the box to eat it. Please share anything that I can get rid of this fish. Kill it or catch it I don't care at this point.
Thanks

Take a water bottle, put a fishing line on the neck of it, and some frozen inside the bottle. Wait till he goes inside and yank the line up. Fishing in the fish tank! Haha!! Has worked for me a bunch of times. They are fast so you've got to be patient and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried bottles too. I caught a lot of my small fish, all my shrimp, and bunch of snails. Now this one looks to smart :(

I recently had to catch a mean domino damsel. I tried all of the above suggestions and even made a miniature harpoon out of a straitened fish hook attached to a piece of dowel rod as well as a small fly tying fish hook baited with shrimp. I ended up moving live rock away from one end of the tank, chased the fish to that end then used a divider made out of egg crate to trap it in a small enough area so i could net it.

How to catch a wrasse?

I tried bottles too. I caught a lot of my small fish, all my shrimp, and bunch of snails. Now this one looks to smart :(

They are definitely sneaky F****, mine was a total pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Try feeding it from the fish trap with a frozen cube. If it is still frozen it may not float out as quickly. Or from a Tupperware bowl and scoop him out when he enters. I have trained my fish like this. 3-4 times a week I thaw the cube in a container and feed the fish from it while I’m holding it. They got so used to it they swim right in and I can just pull them out if needed. With 600 gallons of pods to himself though your wrasse may not be hungry enough to enter the container to eat.

Back