How to remove RBTA's

PDAlber

What started as 1 Bubble Tip Anemone is now 4 and they are all anchored to the same rock. I'd like to pull the rock out and remove three of the anemone's. Can it be done without damaging them? Does anyone have any advice?

Depends on the rock but chiseling them off works great. Ice cube at the foot. I've heard of toothpicks being successful as well. I generally stick to picking them off with my nails

What started as 1 Bubble Tip Anemone is now 4 and they are all anchored to the same rock. I'd like to pull the rock out and remove three of the anemone's. Can it be done without damaging them? Does anyone have any advice?

Any for sell?

take the rock out, hand the anenomes upside down over a bucket and use an ice cube on the foot. Worked many times for me. I had the same problem.

Any for sell?

I will be looking to sell them, but it will be a couple of weeks before I can get around to removing them. Naturally, they wouldn't attach to just any rock. This rock is at the base of my aquascape. It will be a project.

A credit card usually works too, but powerhead or over bucket is usually all that's needed. Never used ice.

Back