How to tell if VHO bulb is bad

djcool563

Hello i was wondering how i would tell is a VHO bulb is bad. My lights were on and then they just shut off so i unplugged them for a whille ut that didnt help. I dont know how to wire the ballast to light just one of the bulbs because no matter what way i try nothing works i can get either bulb to light. Is there anyother way to tell?

Yes it does but only for 2 bulbs. on one side it has 2 red and 2 blue and both reds go to one bulb and both blues to the other. and on the other side it has 2 yellow wires coming off the ballast but then they split each yellow one into 2 by just wiring 2 wires to each one. So when you wire them you have one yellow wire from each original wire going to each bulb. sorry if this doesnt make much sense

1. Check and see if the power outlet is working.
2. Make sure all wires are connected properly from the ballast to the bulb and from the ballast to the power outlet.
3. Make sure the wires and bulb have good contact.
4. Check your endcaps.
5. Maybe the power plug is not making contact with the power outlet?

Well i know there is power going thro it as i got shocked by it. There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the endcaps and everyhting is wired correctly. The only thing is because of how i have my endcap in there i have to turn the bulb to get them to light sometimes but now i can turn all i want and nothin happens.

Actually now that i remeber right before/after the bulbs went out i smelled a odd smell almost like buring plastic but i checked it all and didnt see anything

The only other thing that I can think of is to try to use a different bulb or calling the ballast company.

Back