How'd you guys/gals in the johnstown area make out after the storms ?

Krazy

In Memoriam
Upstatedave, Jaze, and Rainer...

How'd you guys make out after those storms the other day, according to the news your area was one of the hardest hit...

Your tanks all OK ???

:)

tanks did good...got some branches down...nothing serious here...my sister is in johnstown...she has some damage from the hail...it was golf ball size where she lives...ours was like peas....wild storm though.

Hi Keith,

same here - about 5 miles away from David, we had a ton of branches down, lost energy for a little bit x3, but Catherine was home to hold down the fort!

Thanks for asking!

Interesting story: my neighbor and friend had a rather expensive deck/ steps/ sidewalk of stamped cement poured that day - they thought rain wouldn't be a big deal but didn't count on the hail: Now he has a few thousand ADDED stamps in his concrete!

Looks actually very good, I must say!

How are your tanks? How are you doing with making food? I will have to make some pretty soon if I can't get it from you (and I am NOT a cook, as Dave and Jaze can attest :) )

Just a point of interst:

Nice to see that all three of our avatars have the: "I support RC" stamp. I think I get a LOT more out of RC than the 20+ dollars I paid anually (I don't mean that as a plug, just an observation)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10185908#post10185908 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rainer Feyer
Hi Keith,

How are your tanks? How are you doing with making food? I will have to make some pretty soon if I can't get it from you (and I am NOT a cook, as Dave and Jaze can attest :) )

Sold my 37 prop tank on Wed, helped the buyer bring it to his place, we saved ALL of the water and I got it setup for him went very smooth :)

My 90 is doing great though, small red-slime outbreak though. I'm working on that one :confused: and I have my 10 gallon tank which I think I may take down as well, having more then 1 tank is tough on me right now...

Are you out of the food ?

I'm due to make some for sure, I have to take a ride over to the asian food mart and get a seafood mix pack :)

Did the food workout well for ya ?

TTYL,
Keith

Keith,

the food worked out VERY well! The fishes and coral can tell if I get yours or mine out of the fridge - if it's mine, they swim happily in the tank - if it's yours, they jump out of the tank toward the food! A little drastic, but they really do like your mix and consistency. I am not out for at least 2 more weeks (I am not using it daily to conserve).

Glad to hear all went well with your tank sale - always good for a project to end (and extra money in the pocket)!

Do you know if SB is still in business? I have been trying to call him but the number I have says 'disconnected'.

Have a great weekend :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10192409#post10192409 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rainer Feyer

Do you know if SB is still in business? I have been trying to call him but the number I have says 'disconnected'.

Which location did you try? Not sure if you knew he was moving back to Stephentown. This was sent in May

Here is the email from Tony.....

As some of you may know we are moving again. We are going back to our old
location in stephentown (the old swamp bottom). We will have our old phone #
733-0960. We will also have a new & improved set-up and alot of great changes to
come. We apologize for any inconvience this may cause and hope that our new &
old customers will follow us there. We hope to be moved by the end of this week,
so as of next wednesday we will be open at the old location. If you are going to
make a trip out here this week please call first. We will be bouncing back &
forth from store to store.
Thanks Have a great holiday and hope to see you soon.

the new "old" place is so nice. I love going out there. even though I work at a fish store, tony is one of a kind. always willing to help. has the finest cherry picked corals. I never leave empty handed. I got some sweet zoo's the other day!!

Back