I’m done with glue…what do you use?

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
So I have a ton of frags I need to mount but my urchin is very good at ungluing frags from where I put them. So I’ve never used anything else than that before. What do you you use to mount your frags? I’ve seen some mixed opinions and just trying to get a most popular general opinion.

I’m finding the super glue epoxy combo seems to be the next runner up.

Now to find a good epoxy.

I’ve used various glues (from dollar store gel to gorilla glue gel) and no matter how much I use, the frags seem to be targeted by my short spine urchin.

I've been assuming that you are talking about mounting to the rockwork and not plugs.

These are the ones I have in my bin forever lol. I've used them all with no issue to the tank but that DD stuff was terrible for the skimmer and didn't really adhere without super glue. The other two work as is but the super glue just makes positioning happen faster The epo-putty is my favourite because it's more like plasterscene and easier to shape. That huge old thread from @nineball, Coral Tank from Canada (1350gal Display Tank) - split was where I discovered that one. The waterweld you can get at the hardware store.

IMG_20240120_085640244_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Honestly crabs have been some of the most interesting fun things I have had. I managed to get a 3 of the stone crabs to live several years and they got big. One let me hand feed it and come up to see me when I was in the fish room. The other 2 had no personality at all.

I have never found a glue that doesn't fail over time. Most of the non-encrusting corals in my tank are just sitting on rocks now, The stick epoxy you kneed and superglue trick works the longest.

Back