I finally went big 210g

I dig my panel. One day I hope to have some things plugged in. LOL
Looking back I really wish I would have made my stand at least 6 inches higher. I have zero clearance in there and could not get the skimmer of my choice.

I'll be tagging along on your thread.

I didnt see your skimmer choice... Check out the new octopus 300 pro coming out (if its not already out). I have the octo 250 pro on my 190g and it is a wesome. If I could have afforded it, I woulda went with that 300 pro. It seems to be a nice choice, and still way under $1000 (Maybe even a Vortech pumps cost under $1000). Anything more elite, like a bubble king, is gonna set you back a good $1600 IIRC for a tank that size.

Boy this is taking LOTS more time than I thought it would. All has been stained and sealed with 3 coats of poly on the top. New floor went down under stand and tank is in new spot. Got my skimmer finally and went with a RC Euroreef model as I got a really good deal on a used one to try.
Still looking for a good return pump and have to get Tunze 24 kit still. Looked at buying some Marco Rocks to start building some pillars but have not decided bewteen that or eco rocks for it.......
Changed my lighting from Lumenbright to Lumenarc III Minis with 250 watt 10K Reeflux bulbs with 2 VHO actinics for supplement. Have all the wiring installed and just need to hook up ballasts and put VHO endcaps in canopy (blue tape marks in pic)

Slowly getting there and here is a pic of canopy with new stain and reflectors mounted. Its getting there finally.
Reflectors look like they are off to the back some but are centered in the middle when lid is closed. I panicked when I first put lid on thinking I screwed it up already.
IMG_2451.jpg

Any Updates? Thats a beautiful stand and canopy!

I forgot about this thread. I JUST sold off all of my reef tanks so the 210g is gone and went to a new owner. I`m currently out of the hobby but plan to return in the future sometime down the road when time allows it again.

Back