I got a good one for everyone!!

Roll221

Premium Member
I started water for my last water change last night. I put in the power heads and WON Pro digital heater, turn them on poured in the salt and went to bed. Come to find out this morning the temperature probe fell out of the tub and the digital display said "69", I felt the water and it was HOT, I guess the display just rolled over to "169" My question is, can just let the water cool down and use for my water change? Good or bad idea? I can think of anything in the water that would be altered just by getting hot.

Ed

The container might leach chemicals at those temps but the mix itself should be ok, jmo.

Hi Ed,

My guess is that when they distill the salt, heat is used at a temp far in excess of what has happened here. As I looked down my ingredient list, I can't see any mineral etc that would cook into something new at such a low temp.

The other thought I have, is that the water that actually touches the heating probe when it is on in normal operation probably experiences an instand temp similar to what your bulk water temp got to.

I guess you may become the expert. BTW, Xenia is flourishing having grabbed onto the glass, Nitrate <7 now. all is well and happy. No other casualties from my dead snail disaster.

I did the water change with it yesterday. I tested before and all parameters showed normal Instant Ocean levels.

Ed

Back