I need info on a Blue spotted puffer

Boat Racer

At least I think thats what its caled.I saw seen one at a LFS today and finaly found a Puffer I think I like.Most of them are so damn ugly.Anybody know anything about them?I am planning a 210 FOWLR and might get one.Thanx Rob:)

I have one. They are the smallest of the toby's maxing out at around 3 inches. They are docile and a little shy. Mine has never picked on anyone but is prone to being on. He tends to stay out of everyone's way. I love my cute little guy! He eats frozen food and is very disease resistant and minds his own business. I keep him with a lionfish, purple tang, mappa pufferfish, brazilian yellow morayeel, and giant hermit crab.

I have one with a stipped dogface, huma , bluejaw, wolfeel , and Snowflake eel. Never had any problems he's probably my favorite puffer.

i have one with a clown trigger, humu trigger, and have kept it with an undulated, blue jaw and a sargassum. he loved the undulated the best. they were buddies. anyways, he never picks on anything, and it really glows in good lighting. mine eats everything including large fish pellots, krill, silversides, mysis, flake, cockels, brine shrimp, ghost shrimp, and squid. i love mine, awesome personality, a little shy, but not in a bad way.

Thanx guys.I am a little dissapointed to read that they stay little.I was hoping it was just a baby that I saw.How about if there is an angle or two and a miniatus grouper as well as a tang and trigger?Do ya think these might get along?:)

If you mean angler, then they are best kept with much larger, docile species, so those are not good matches. A medium aggressive trigger, yellow tang, miniata grouper, and a medium sized eel, or medium puffer would be good.

I love my Blue spot puffer, probably my most visually appealing fish! Very personable, and has a voracious appetite (like most puffers!), mine is about 3 inches now, I was thinking to migh grow to four, but who knows, ive read different maz sizes, but all less than five inches... He lives with an antennata, radiata lions, coral beauty, sadlleback clown. snowflake eel, and a flame hawkfish. Has had no problems with any of them, and minds his own business (my coral beauty, who has stressed out and killed other newbies, gets along with this guy!) Make sure you have some actinic lighting, it really brings out the briliant Blue dots, and aquamarine eyes!
Canthigasterjanthinoptera.jpg

No, I ment Angel (Queen or Emporer).Thanx Guys These are awsome looking fish.I cant believe I never seen one until now.:)

Large angels can be pretty nasty but it may work out. The puffer will probably not be seen as a threat. My bluespot is with a pair of crosshatch triggers, naso, PB tang, sailfin tang, kole tang, pair of tomato clowns, harlequin tusk, and a bunch of other small fish.

Back