I need some help setting up the skimmer?

eagle9252

This is a 75gal 48x18x20 DT with a 36gal 36x12x20sump. Water levels in the sum are about 14" an about 8" in the return. The pump is a Mag7 and the return is ¾ and the drain is 1-1/4. The return is diagonal from the skimmer. Skimmer is on the back right side and the return comes up beside the skimmer and goes to the front and turns and goes across the front to the far left corner (looking from the back). I have the drain fully open and the return has a bypass to the sump and it's about 25%-30% open. I forgot to put the street elbow in the skimmer. I set it on top and it raised the HOB skimmer level some and changed the noise level for the better. I put egg crate in the sump and "¦ well it was loud! It turned into a waterfall. I wedged a piece of ¼ Lexan in to turn it back into the wall to make the noise level drop. The piece of 1-1/4 in the sump is not glued because I will cut it shorter later and put in a filter sock.

I'm running fresh water at the moment to rinse and clean the tanks. I know I have water movement but the top of the water does not seem to be moving. I put a tree leaf on the water and it just did not move much. I had the return fully open and started to open the return bypass to the sump the water level went down in the tank some and the water that crested the skimmer seamed to flow or draw faster but IMO not much surface flow.

1002011732.jpg

1002012035a.jpg

1002011732c.jpg

1002012044d.jpg

1002012044b.jpg

1002012044.jpg

sorry meant overflow skimmer

sorry meant overflow skimmer

should I lower the height of the OF skimmer in the tank? it is about midway of the band around the top.

Back