I need to replace my cpr type overflow

onetrickpony

Premium Member
I need to replace my cpr type overflow
I have the little pump but I am tired of it slowly losing siphon
What is the best overflow box to use?
Thanks
Ken

I had a CPR also and got really worried about the pump and tube getting clogged and kept reading that if you have a CPR it is not IF you will have a flood, but WHEN. I replaced mine with a Lifereef double and absolutely love it. No pump, no lost siphon, great design. http://www.lifereef.com/siphon.html

HTH,

Hal

From just looking at it I understand how its different. Ingenious I tell you, box that hangs on the back of the tank is longer... so the u tube is longer. With that it mind, once the flow is slowed down due to a power outage or such, the flow slows down and so does the siphon. That means by the time the overflow has sucked as much as it could it comes to a point where the lowest water level it can go in the prefilter box. from there it stops and when the return pump is kicked back on, it starts to work again. its just simple physics if u ask me. im not sure if u understand it or not. simple way to put it is GRAVITY.

Look at their website. The difference is that no other overflow box manufacturer can make this claim:

"In the 18 years that the Lifereef Prefilter Box has been sold not one has failed to re-start when the power comes back on!"

Pretty impressive.

It is the design that makes it so much better, it is really ingenious. It is difficult to explain, but once I got it and saw the design, I fully understand why it works so well.

overflow

overflow

I bought one designed like the life reef model on ebay called "Quitflo" paid like 35 bucks. I've had a few power outages and turn off my pumps twice a week for feedings and it has never lost syphon. Highly recomend. Curt

S.O.S. from marineland I love mine no noise no lost siphen and it has large skimmer pad befor water even makes it to the sump

The deep siphon box provides an extra level of protection AND allows a greater flow capacity than other overflows. Most "600 GPH" overflows cant actually flow nearly what is claimed. LR is the exception.

Back