I Spy 2 -- Refined Rules

Whys

Play for points and win a prize!

5dollar2.jpg

Score board (carried over from previous thread):
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pycFIIya1k-MO9UoIAYIKcg&hl=en

- Category: captive-reef life-form.

- A correct answer gives +2 points, a successful steal takes +1 points, riddling gives +1 points, and a mismatched photo gives -1 points.

Player Rules:

- Players may only ask YES/NO questions. A player can only ask one question at a time. There is no limit to the number of questions a player can ask before giving their answer.

- Players may only give one answer. Additional answers are ignored. A player must give their answer in the form of a photo along with the specific name. The specific name does not have to be scientific. Answers without the proper photo are incorrect. Answers without the proper name are incorrect. Any mismatch of photo to name incurs a penalty.

- A player can steal points from the correct answer of another player. When the correct answer is confirmed players have 24 hours to locate the same photo on a commercial website. A photo is considered "the same" if it is clearly derived from the same photographic moment. The first player to provide a correct link will successfully steal.

- Players can become the riddler and riddling also earns points. When a player gives the correct answer they have first option to start the next riddle. The player must exercise this option within 30 minutes of giving the correct answer, otherwise that player automatically declines. If that player declines then it becomes the thread-moderator's responsibility to either select or be the riddler.

Riddler Rules:

- The riddler must PM the correct answer to the thread-moderator when the riddle starts. The riddler may start the riddle with one clue. The riddler may decline to answer up to 3 questions. These can be declared at the beginning of the riddle or when the question is first asked. The riddler must declare when declining to answer and then can not answer that question until the riddle is solved. If the riddler declines all 3 questions and a correct answer is never given, then points are not awarded for riddling. The riddler may answer any question in a manner that seems most appropriate, but please do not violate the underlying YES/NO principle. When a riddler is not certain of an answer they may declare their percentage of certainty, ie: "Yes -- 90% certain." If choosing to be the riddler, please select a life-form of which you have some knowledge.

- A riddle is deemed "stumped" and ends if no question has been asked or answer given for over 6 hours. The riddler can still receive points for riddling (see exception above) but can not be the next riddler.

- If a riddler can no longer riddle they can PM the answer to the thread-moderator and the moderator can choose not to award points for riddling. If the riddler is inactive for over 18 hours then the thread-moderator may choose to end the riddle and start a new one.

Moderator Rules: :D

- The thread-moderator retains the right to amend these rules, settle disputes, and whine to Waterkeeper. :)

First Riddle:

Clue: None. Deal with it. :)

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14161202#post14161202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by token
Ok, then, is it motile?

Sorry, but opposites are considered to be the same question. Nice try. ;)

Oh, I didn't see -that- in the rules!

Is it a cnidarian? (sorry about using the older taxonomical nomenclature but I just don't keep up with all the changes well....)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14161410#post14161410 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by plateboy3293
Is it a type of coral?

I decline to answer that question (or it's opposite).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14161505#post14161505 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by token
Is it a plant?

I decline to answer that question.

All out of declines! :D

Back