I Spy 2 -- Refined Rules

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167173#post14167173 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MotherFish
Is it normally considered a "nuisance" in threads on RC?

I have seen three threads about them and 2 of them were concidered a nuisance so I say 66% of the time.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167206#post14167206 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MotherFish
Interesting.... Does it move by flagella?

No

For those that might not know. movement by flagella, think human sperm.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167255#post14167255 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MotherFish
I'm gonna have to crash now... but I leave everyone with one last Q&A...

Does it move by cilia?

No.

Another hint?

I have to log off so I am going to take a stab at it....

Asterina star

asterina.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167325#post14167325 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chort55
does it have a shell?

Yes it has 2. But they aren't really considered shells.

Another hint.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167397#post14167397 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chort55
is it a tortuise (probably spelled wrong lol).... sea turtle??? lol

Is that your official answer? If so you need to post a picture with your answer. But before you make it official you might want to reread all the questions. ;)

Look'n good guys. Glad to see the thread can mostly stand on its own, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for keeping to YES/NO questions. It's the easiest mistake to make for players and riddlers alike.

I have to admit Token, I never would have expected anyone to get that! I guess that shows just what I noob I am. :)

So I'm thinking there may be a way to give the players a sense of how specific you're trying to be. Token, for example, stated he was seeking the genus and species. That is very helpful information and can make all the difference in a win. Is there a good description for the less specific names, such as just stomatella snail, for example? Would could come up with 3 levels of specificness, with genus and species being the most specific, then things like snail, crustacean, anemone, being the least specific, and then emerald crab and sebae would fall inbetween?

I'll probably want to go ahead and rebuild this thread soon with an I Spy 3 and further rule refinements, so please give your feed back on how well the currents rules are working and how they could be improved.

Thanks again for adhering to the rules. I'll adjust the scores shortly and provide a recap of the current riddle if no one else does in the next couple hours.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167529#post14167529 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CoreyK
Does it's juvenile form resemble it's adult form?

I know the life-form, but sadly, I don't know the answer to that question. If someone with a good knowledge of reef life-forms would like to take over as riddler until israelnajar gets back, please raise your hand. Otherwise, we'll just let the rules play out as stated.

israelnajar said to anticipate a return in 8-9 hours. We are close and I am content to wait.

As for rules, the only change I might make is a refinement on the "steal". As it is, we just end up double-posting. Maybe +2 points for linking to an RC thread for the subject and +1 for a link to an "informative" thread, or page, off the boards. I am really enjoying this for the learning aspect of it!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167529#post14167529 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CoreyK
Does it's juvenile form resemble it's adult form?

During all my research of this creature I don't ever recall seeing a difference in appearance between juvenile and an adult.

So therefore I am inclined to answer yes.

Back