I Spy 2 -- Refined Rules

Tongan Nassarius

IMG_3050.jpg

I have a correction. While some species can be bigger than 1", this species is not. Its shell is much smaller than the body we see.

Its also listed as endangered in the waters of Singapore because "seawalls are not a good habitat" for them.

Recap (2):

Clue -- Reef-safe
Soft coral? -- no
Specific lighting? -- no
Poop? -- yes
Fish? -- no
Gets wet? -- yes
Mobile? -- yes
Clean-up? -- yes
Rose Anemone? -- no
Claws? -- no
Cucumber? -- no
Human Being? -- no, especially because not all are reef-safe
Sponge? -- no
Conch? -- no
Clue -- We are looking for Genus and species
Shell -- yes
Rd'd shell w/sharp points? -- no
Fits inside own shell? -- no
Detritivore? -- no
Snail? -- not by common name
Would purchase? -- yes, but it's usually a hitchhiker
Longer than wide? -- yes
Stomatella? -- no
Multi-colored? -- no, not visually
Hermit want shell? -- no
Clue -- Hermits can't use the shell
Max. size >1"? -- no, corrected answer, though similar species can reach up to 4" (gotta love Australians!)
Soft shell? -- no
Tongan Nasarrius? -- no
Single foot? -- yes

So we have five out of contention for the +2 points with answers of Rose Anemone, Cucumber, Human Being, Stomatella and Tongan Nasarrius.

We are currently at 21 questions asked and a few hints.

BIG HINT: In this Forum, on these boards, someone asked for an ID recently!

It's getting hot in here!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14166634#post14166634 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MotherFish
Is it a Limpet?

limpet.jpg
Yes. Now, Genus and species for the points! (To me, asking, "Is it a Limpet?" is like asking, "Is it a snail?" Though Whys may say that a picture counts as "disinformation".....)

israelnajar, the torch can be passed to you, now. If you want to earn +1 point by being the riddler, say so now! You will have to PM Whys with yours and start us off with a clue. If you aren't interested, or don't have the time, I would gladly nominate MotherFish, who was oh-so-close, if we don't hear from Whys differently.....

Back