I Spy

Sorry to do this folks, but i must get some sleep now

i will try to answer any overnight question first thing in the AM, if not i hope Whys and/or Waterkeeper will pick up some of the slack until i can tomorrow Night

Good Night all, till then

Emilio

I need to go to sleep also, but I'll leave one question on the table before I turn-in...

Does it have more than 9 dorsal spines, not including soft rays?

Nite all.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14158568#post14158568 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lilfishbigreef
NO ( i dont know the ENTIRE family of this species, but those that are common that i know of do not and if i had to GUESS at the entire species i would still say NO)

if it is later determined the i answered a question incorrectly i will gladly give up my point in the game to whom ever the TO wants

Answers such as "No -- 90% certain" are a fair way to respond and there is no need to give up your points. Any small discrepancies should be pointed out by those who know once the answer has been found.

Oh, and this thread isn't fizzling. I rather doubt it will fizzle so long as I moderate it and offer cash prizes. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14158787#post14158787 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MotherFish
We're up to 24.... if this was 20 questions, lilfishbigreef would have won already. :lol: [/B]

Good point. We need a way to close a stumper. I'm not sure we should award points for it though. The intention of the game is discovery, not obfuscation. I think it will need to be determined by dead response time.

I move that any riddle that goes unquestioned for longer than 6 hours, be closed with the answer given. The riddler does not have the option of riddling again immediately after. Sound good?

I think that should be sufficient, since I was never expecting this to be a constant red-hot thread anyway. So long as people are still involved and playing is what matters.

At the end of the current riddle, I intend to recreate the thread as "I Spy 2". Scores will carry over and a few rules will be refined.. I'm willing to hear any additional suggestions you might have regarding the refined rule set. The primary one I'm considering is giving the riddler the option to decline up to 3 questions.

And thank you all for your interest and involvement. I was stunned by the way this thread exploded in the beginning.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14159897#post14159897 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whys
And thank you all for your interest and involvement. I was stunned by the way this thread exploded in the beginning.

no worries whys, i enjoy your threads, and this one is great for the forum, just bump it up every so often and it could explode again

Just reminder Michael, since you didn't want to read all the posts... if you win the cash, converting it is your trouble. ;)

This thread is now closed. Please do not ask additional questions or give additional answers.

This thread will be moved shortly to another thread called "I Spy 2" and scores will carry over.

Back