I-Tech 100 alternative replacement pump?

snake1

Premium Member
Has anyone modded an I-Tech 100 Skimmer with a different pump besides a tunze 9410.04a. I'm skeptical on the quality of the impeller from splitting open and expanding again. I recently purchased a used I-Tech 100 and the pump was frozen, well I dismantled it and found the impeller driveshaft magnet was expanded I managed to free it up over a few days, and with some patience i got it out. I posted a thread on here looking for a new impeller and I was contacted from a fellow reefer who had a new impeller, and when he looked in his drawer at the new impeller tonight it was already showing signs of stress cracks from sitting for years. I don't want to keep going through this every few years. I even have read online that people have had problems with the tunze cord cracking after a few years. I know tunze is a big name and they are very expensive. Im just wondering the alternative. Thanks

I am pretty sure the original iTech 100 came with an Aquabee 2000/1 pump before they started using Tunze. Contact John and see if that would still work with a 100 that was setup for a Tunze.

Aquabees work well on that skimmer as Postal said but they are even tougher to find parts for and cost about the same.

I would just bite the bullet and buy the Tunze so it's plug n play. If you keep it cleaned, it should last for several years.

I am pretty sure the original iTech 100 came with an Aquabee 2000/1 pump before they started using Tunze. Contact John and see if that would still work with a 100 that was setup for a Tunze.
Thanks Lee

Aquabees work well on that skimmer as Postal said but they are even tougher to find parts for and cost about the same.

I would just bite the bullet and buy the Tunze so it's plug n play. If you keep it cleaned, it should last for several years.
Thanks I will call FAOIS for a replacement driveshaft.

Contacted FAOIS, they responded promptly I will be going there some time this week. Thanks

Back