Ibfishstore

jkhudson

Any of you that haven't ordered from Matt really need to check him out. I just picked up my second load of livestock from him and I've rarely seen critters this big and healthy at his prices. Even if you don't see what you want on the website, call or email him and he'll get it for you.

I just recently got a few snails from IB Fish Store. I got about 10 Nassarious Snails. I was thinking that they were going to be your typical .5" from tip to tip variety. When I got them, they were nearly 1.5-2" from tip to tip :eek1:

Can't agree more, the Nass. and Cerith were much larger than anything I buy locally. i wound up having more snails than I thought I would need, I honestly didn't think nassarius got that big! Granted there was a small mix up and I'm still waiting on my first fish from them, but as for the inverts, I'm happy with what I receieved.

I was in on the same order with Travis and Adam, and I was happy with the general size of the items.

My linkia I got was easily 6" across, and my Manadrin is a pretty big specimen.

That is an awseome looking Linkia too! And he's not kidding about that mandarin. Big healthy, nice little belly on em. I was impressed. Big difference from the half dead specimens I see for sale so often.

The yellow tang I got is as big as a coffee saucer. All of the fish i got from him are big, healthy, and good eaters. The mandarin is even eating frozen cyclopeeze already.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9845438#post9845438 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jkhudson
The mandarin is even eating frozen cyclopeeze already.

I'll be honest, I really hope my mandarin I got from him will do the same.

I don't expect it, given the fact that it is a mandarin, but I would think that it would be pretty cool if he did start eating prepared foods.

Here's a trick i use, take a small clear glass where you see your mandarin visits often and place it in a semi hidden spot, but one that you can get to. When you feed use either a turkey baster or simillar feeding apperatus and squirt some baby brine or cyclopeeze into the glass, this way you can see the food and the mandarin and eventually you can train them to eat frozen.

I have not purchased anything from Matt but have met him and can say that he seems like a really good guy. I am planning on trying out some of his stuff as well.
Mike D

I'll more than likely be buying some stuff from here in 2 weeks or so. Wish I lived close enough for the delivery! lol :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9849775#post9849775 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheBigBadReefer
Here's a trick i use, take a small clear glass where you see your mandarin visits often and place it in a semi hidden spot, but one that you can get to. When you feed use either a turkey baster or simillar feeding apperatus and squirt some baby brine or cyclopeeze into the glass, this way you can see the food and the mandarin and eventually you can train them to eat frozen.

Hmm, I am willing to give anything a try.

Thanks for the idea!

Back