Ice storm coming.

iaJim

I'm wondering if I should go buy a generator. They are talking 1/2 inch of ice.

What are you doing in preparation?

We have a power inverter that can hook up to the battery of our car.... it can take 1500 watts on a steady basis and 3000watts when something starts up. It wasn't too bad, cost-wise, maybe a couple hundred including the special cable for it. So, I can run the tank stuff for awhile, then run the freezer/fridge or microwave etc and switch back and forth until power comes back on. I think I got it from Don Rowe online......came like within a day or two of ordering it.

Ahhhh....meterology...the only job you can be wrong 85% of the time and still be considered goodat what you do.

I will be going out and buying a 6500 watt northstar so I can just power the whole house. I do snow removal and I have 3 pallets of ice melt just waiting to be used and I think this up coming storm might put a dent in it!

I am an idiot... My wife actually asked me yesterday if we should look into getting a generator for our clinic. Right away I said, "Nah we live in town..." What was I thinking? Could have been the perfect excuse to protect the tank and my cold beer... :D

I picked up a Honda EU2000 from

Hicklin Distributing Inc.
5708 Gateway Dr
Grimes, IA 50111-6598
(515)986-4880

Did anyone end up losing power? We just got a bit of freezing rain and lots of sleet in south central Iowa.

Back