Ich?! help

krusieski

hey guys i was under the impression that my fish were fine because they were eating but ive noticed a bunch of little white dots on three of my fish kole tang and two clowns. i could have sworn the dots go away some days and then come back so me being new was like o looks like sand stuck to fish no big deal but now im looking ive been reading marine ich so i tried taking pictures but they arent the best thanks guys for input
e5ace2956728cb96384430605995c197.jpg
896482ad99173b61ee8ec265a9833a7f.jpg
93c6df9f49ab757353504cabba27455c.jpg

695ea77f55ba432554b619853b302cb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60725d33a03b3adda9cafc1ddf2f7c84.jpg
0afb36f3b9471d50a6cf507f7d41d023.jpg

Looks like ick. I would start with removing all fish and begin treatment. Theres a new thread everyday similar to yours with a ton of info for treatments.

theres like a thousand white spots on the fish like dust looked like velvet from pictures so didnt know the different treatments between ich and velvet

This is what happens when you don't quarantine, or use inefffective QT treatments.

That looks to me like Ich (crypto). The animals need treated or you will loose them. The downside to all this is that your tank is infested. So even if you treat the animals and clear them up, once you put them back in the tank, they will be reinfected.

Your only real option is to remove each fish, put them individually through TTM, and leave the tank fallow for a minimum of 9 weeks to ensure the parasite dies off. There are other less desireable options such as:

1: hypo the entire display tank.
2: remove the fish and treat them all at the same time with copper and leave the tank fallow for 9 weeks.
3: treat the entire display with copper. Which will may save the fish but will 100% destroy the coral and every invert and prevent the tank from being anything but a Fish only.
4: take the fish out, treat them separately and tear the display down. Bleach it and start over with new rock and sand.

Sorry man, sucky situation. I don't mean to harp on you, but in the future you must QT your fish, and treat them prophylactically with TTM and formalin dips before adding them to your display or this will just happen again.

ok so i can tank all fish out throw them in a qt and treat them and jjst leave the dt fallow and itll die off ?

why dont you take a picture of the fish. how long have they been in your tank

was there anything new added to your tank.

Yes leave the tank fallow for 9 weeks as Bent said. Your corals and inverts will be just fine. The parasite will starve without a host i.e fish. The 9 weeks is important because of stages the parasite goes through, there is no real quick fix.

Hard lesson but this will prepare you for any future fish purchases.

Good Luck!

should the qt tank be rock and sand free i have a 14g biocube that was cycling rock and sand shojld i take all
water out ans make fresh water or just remove water and store it remove rock and sand and then put water back in and then add fish and treat ?

and for the corals shojld i take them out and dip them or is it to late if they been in there for awhile ?

corals dont get ich, they carry one of the stages of ich and velvet. in order to keep your tank ich free any new corals also have to be qt for 72 days (unless corals come from fishless tanks, but its hard to always know chain of cust) . think velvet is shorter life cycle.

corals have been in there for awhle but i wasnt sure if i keep them in there for the 9 weeks and just let the process do its thing while im treating in my qt

during that 9 weeks the parasites for either ich or velvet should die off without me doing anything right? as long as its fishlesa

well looks like velvet since two fish just died overnight my other clown is looking just like the other ones before theybwent i have two cardinal bangaii one firefish and one blenny left should i remove them still and qt them and treat ? will the parasite die if i leave the cardinals firefish and blenny in there ?

I would say remove and formalin dip each fish individually as formalin really depleates oxygen in the water. Velvet and crypto look similar, but velvet will kill your fish within hours if not treated.
Some fish are more sensitive than others so just ensure the formalin is safe to use on the fish you have. Clown deffo, but not sure on the rest.

I would advise still go through TTM and fallow for 9 weeks.

Back