Ich showing 10 days into QT?

SaltwaterHokie

bought 2 clowns and 1 Royal Gramma on 8/8. All 3 looked happy and showed no signs of sickness. I put them in my QT and observed for 3 days and all was good. I then ran Prazi for 5 days and all was good. I started dosing Cupramine 2 days ago and this evening I see now they are all 3 showing signs of ich. They ate great tonight and are swimming and moving fine.

My question is- is normal for Ich to not show up for 10 days and then all the sudden hit once you start with Copper?

From what I remember, copper is more effective in free swimming theronts. Keep the treatment and in about 3 days all trophonts should detach from the fish.

Keep treatment for 14days.

Read up on the lifecycle to explain theronts and such. And yes, it can turn up. But when you say 'signs of ich'---have you actually spotted the bumps on the skin, or are you describing scratching or other signs of discomfort? Clowns do not tolerate copper as well as some species, and if their skin is being irritated or stripped of their vital slime coat, that can manifest as discomfort, too. For confirmation of ich look primarily for two signs: the bumps (usually whitish) on the skin, or a tendency to flare the gill covers (opercula) so that some of the gill tissue shows.

Ich showing 10 days into QT?

bought 2 clowns and 1 Royal Gramma on 8/8. All 3 looked happy and showed no signs of sickness. I put them in my QT and observed for 3 days and all was good. I then ran Prazi for 5 days and all was good. I started dosing Cupramine 2 days ago and this evening I see now they are all 3 showing signs of ich. They ate great tonight and are swimming and moving fine.

My question is- is normal for Ich to not show up for 10 days and then all the sudden hit once you start with Copper?

It is normal for ich to not showing for up to 14days then seemingly randomly appear. Adding copper had nothing to do with it. Stay on the path.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back