ick

Cruella

In Memoriam
I think my manderin goby has ick. he has these white spots all over him. he is eating fine and doesn't seem sick. if he does have it now what? I do not have a qt tank set up. if it isn't one thing it's another.

i don't think dragonettes can get ich becaues they can shed their slime coat to prvent infection or something like that

but i could be mistaken

???

???

what do you think it is then? I was trying to spear my damsels today. I hate those fish. but I have way to much live rock and I can not catch them. So today I took half of my live rock out and tried to spear them or catch them. no luck . i wonder if I just stressed him out alot.) by the way I know I sound mean but I have spent the last 6 months at war with these bastard fish and they always win.

just a thought....while you were trying to spear your damsels, did you disturb the substrate?? Mandarins have a very thick slime coating, which does make them very resistant to ich...ithis thick slime also enables fine particles to temporarily, "stick" to the fish. Keep an eye on him to see if the spots just sort of fall off him over the next few hours.

agreed with fishfanatic...mandarins dont get ich....if his coat looks funny wait 24 hours ...also in the early am or in the middle of the night they can appear bad. thier skin will look white or blurred colors at these time..no worries...just slimed up. if this is something you just saw wait it will appear better with time. tough buggers only issue is feeding them

Cruella, since you've already got 6 month in it maybe you would try a long term solution? Try feeding your fish everyday with food in a net. Start out putting the food in the net and just hanging it in the tank. When they get used to that routine feed them while you hold the net... see where I'm going with this?

Back