Id please if possible

Crackem

Not sure what type of algae this is. I can't get rid of it and it grows on the glass almost immediately after I scrape it.

I turkey basted the rocks and the next day it was back again. I think it's its diatoms because the snails are eating it.

Here's another video. I don't have a lot of white light because of my t5 configuration.

I'm about done with this tank after 2 years of this ...

What type of skimmer do you have? You can't go bare bottom without bad A* nutrient export in a FOWLR, or large consistent water changes. The algae is a plant, it is getting nutrients from somewhere. Can you get a pic of the general rock work? You could have overly porous rock with not enough flow to keep detritus and waste from settling on it. You could also be over feeding which is the main cause of nutrient woes.

What type of skimmer do you have? You can't go bare bottom without bad A* nutrient export in a FOWLR, or large consistent water changes. The algae is a plant, it is getting nutrients from somewhere. Can you get a pic of the general rock work? You could have overly porous rock with not enough flow to keep detritus and waste from settling on it. You could also be over feeding which is the main cause of nutrient woes.

Tank is 120 and all rock is Brs shelf and brs tonga that was acid washed. Skimmer is a bk180. I'm not feeding a lot. I feed 1 cube of pe mysis per day and a small amount of pellets. Flow is 3 x Tunze 6105's . I had 4 but one needs repair. I was doing auto water changes 1 gallon per day,about 20-25 gallons every 7-10 days. I'm going to try to do a bunch of 20-25 gallon water changes 1per week for 4-6 weeks and see if it works. If it doesn't work I don't know what else I can do. I also have a gfo reactor that needs cleaning and my algae turf scrubber that grows nasty slime. I can't take it anymore.

Clean the sand bed, take out the GFO reactor and put in an algae reactor. Clean, clean, clean! Also if you're not use RO/DI water and make sure your filters are...you guessed it, clean!

Back