ID Please.

dzovi

greenpolyp.jpg

Any ideas on an ID? How much light and what kind of water flow is needed? Thanks!!

Typical Zoanthids..... As far as the fancy names people give them like martian eyes, purple people eaters, safe crackers, etc...I really don't know.

They don't really need intense light but they will grow faster under brighter light especially halides. Medium indirect flow is fine.

I have some that look very similar in my tank. I have heard others call them martian eyes, but I don't know if that's "the" name for them or not. I do like the color combination, they're one of my favorites.

zoos_1_29_06.jpg

(sorry for the blurry pic)

How's that for resurrecting a thread from the past? That's what I get for using the search engine...:D

Last edited:
Go to www.zoaid.com they have pictures of most of the morphs with names. People just make up the names as you go. New morphs are imported in all the time because these little creatures morph all the time. I love zoos I have a tank full of them and my collection never stops. Zoos like medium to high flow to keep them clean of detirus because this what causes them to fungus or even perish in a tight bunched colony. I suggest weekly take a turkey baster and blow the detirus out of them. A local who sells mostly zoos blast them with a bunch of powerheads that he runs all night to keep them clean. And his zoos are the best I have seen not the regular comomon stuff either.

I should post an updated photo of the frag. They have completely covered the rock and look like a zoo mound.

Back